Please note that if at any time Vital Docs is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, we must cooperate fully.
What Sort of Information Does Vital Docs collect and hold?
The type of information we collect and hold include:
· Names, job titles, contact and address details;
· Information in identification documents (for example, passport, driver's licence)
· Tax file numbers and other government-issued identification numbers;
· Date of birth and gender;
· Bank account details, shareholdings and details of investments;
· Details of superannuation and insurance arrangements;
· Educational qualifications, employment history, salary and referee reports;
· Visa or work permit status;
· Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
· Payment details; and
· Personal information about your spouse and dependants.
Collection of personal information
Vital Docs collects and holds personal information from clients, customers, employees, contractors and other individuals. We collect and hold this information when it is necessary for business purposes.
The main types of personal information Vital Docs collects and holds relate to the contact details and organisational roles of our clients, suppliers and other business contacts.
We collect most information directly from individuals when we deal with them. The personal information we collect may be provided in forms filled out by individuals, face to face meetings, email messages, telephone conversations or by third parties. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
Because of the nature of our business, it is generally impracticable for us to deal with individuals on an anonymous basis or through the use of a pseudonym, although sometimes this is possible (for example, when seeking staff or client feedback generally).
Use of personal information
The main purposes, for which we collect, hold and use personal information are:
· to provide our services;
· to respond to an individual's request;
· to maintain contact with clients;
· to keep clients and other contacts informed of the services we offer and industry developments that may be of interest to them, and to notify them of service offerings, seminars and other events we are holding;
· for general management and reporting purposes, such as invoicing and account management;
· for recruitment purposes;
· for purposes related to the employment of our personnel and providing internal services to our staff; and
· for other purposes related to our business.
We may also use your personal information for the purpose of marketing its services. If you do not want to receive marketing material from us, you can contact us as follows:
· for electronic communications, you can click on the unsubscribe function in the communication; or
· for hard copy communications, you can email email@example.com; or
· through our contact details below.
If you do not provide us with the personal information we have requested, we may not be able to complete or fulfil the purpose for which such information was collected, including providing you or our clients with the services we were engaged to perform.
If we collect, hold or use personal information in ways other than as stated in this policy, we will ensure we do so pursuant to the requirements of the Privacy Act.
Employee records are not generally subject to the Privacy Act and therefore this policy may not apply to the handling of information about employees by Vital Docs. For information about our practices relating to employee information, please contact us directly.
Disclosure of personal information
The types of third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information include:
· experts or other third parties contracted as part of an engagement;
· our service providers;
· our professional advisers;
· as part of an actual (or proposed) acquisition, disposition, merger or de-merger of a business (including LBW business) or to enter into an alliance, joint venture or referral arrangement; or
· government or regulatory bodies or agencies, as part of an engagement or otherwise, (for example, the Australian Taxation Office).
We do not disclose personal information to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to send marketing material to you.
Privacy on Our Web Sites and Applications
This policy also applies to any personal information we collect via our websites. In addition to personal information you provide to us directly. We may also collect personal information from you via its applications and websites.
Security of Personal Information
Depending on the purpose for which we have collected personal information (for example, registration for a Vital Docs event or a request for particular information or material), we may store some of the information electronically in our customer relationship management system. Some or all of this personal information may be available to partners and authorised staff of LBW & Partners for use in accordance with this policy.
Vital Docs will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, whether electronically or in hard-copy, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. We also require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
It is our policy not to retain personal information once there is no longer a legal or business need for us to do so.
Access to Information
You can request access to your personal information, subject to some limited exceptions permitted or required by law.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you may contact us through our contact details below.
Corrections and Concerns
If you believe that information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, or if you have concerns about how we are handling your personal information, please contact us and we will try to resolve those concerns.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to delete it (unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons).
Our Contact Details
PO Box 1395
CHATSWOOD NSW 2057
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org